"New State. New City. New Career. New Home. NEW LIFE"

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Life, Loss, Frustration

This will be a short one. I can't say much, because I really just don't know the answers myself.

This was the 5th and 6th miscarriage since we had Fiona in July 2008. It came by surprise. Surprise that we were pregnant. Then guessing we were 10 weeks 6 days along on Wednesday, September 15th. And we were. We were also 6 weeks and 3 days along and didn't know it. I hear this can happen, rarely, but it does happen.

Tuesday September 14th, we began our miscarriage journey. Wednesday we completed this journey. So we thought. Ryan was 2 hours away and I wouldn't see him til the weekend. I'm thankful his mother was here to keep Fiona while I was in and out of the hospital that week.

Friday September 17th, I went into the OB, and left with some shocking hope. We were still pregnant. 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant. What a shock.

It was a short lived hope. By that night, I was back in the hospital ER in Alamogordo, miscarrying our second pregnancy of the week. At the end of a long night, Ryan helped me to the car after a DNC. This is the surgery where the doctor assists in completing the miscarriage. I spent the next week in slight pain, nothing compared to the pain I felt from the 14th to the 18th.

I don't know what God has in store for my family, but I know it must be grand. He holds such a mansion of babies waiting for Ryan and I! In the next few weeks, we're hoping to have some more answers as we finally get referred to a high risk OB. Thanks to those who read this, and to all our friends and family for standing beside us through this sorrow.

We'll be back on our feet soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment