"New State. New City. New Career. New Home. NEW LIFE"

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Friends... and Idiots...

I don't have any pictures this time around, since I'm still searching for a charger for the camera. The packing company packed up the charger... and there's no way to get to it until we have our own place and I can find the box they packed it in. So this is going to be one for your imaginations...

This evening Fiona and I headed into Mescalero for an evening with our friends, Jody and Charlene Cojo, Christlyn Lester, and Joey Kazhe. We were there to do laundry, and Charlene made dinner. Meat and potatoes with french bread. YUM. I miss having home cooked meals, and we can't wait to have our own place. So with the heavenly smells of dinner, as well as freshly dried laundry scented with Snuggle Blue Sparkle, we settled in for a night with our friends. Tonight, while Fi watched movies, I folded laundry and helped Charlene set up her facebook profile. It was a blast!

As 10:30 rolled around, I made the drive home, and Fi fell asleep. I quickly changed the music from VeggieTales with Fiona's name in it to the radio. I made the pleasant drive home, singing to the country radio station... in 50 degree weather. I almost needed the heater in the dead center of Summer! So we get back to the hotel, and I unload Fiona and load up the stroller with the box and bags of laundry (yes, I live five stories up and can't make several trips to the car and back.) and headed for the hotel door. We got in the first set of doors, and I slide my key into the reader. RED LIGHT. "Hmm, okay," I think, and try again. RED LIGHT. "Alrighty, then." I call Charlene, get the number for the hotel, and call the front desk, at 10:50pm.

I explain the situation, and the guy on the line is very kind and very helpful. He says he'll call the key room and send someone to help me. A few minutes later, I get a return call (How did they get my phone number exactly?) informing that no one answered in the key room and he's the only person at the front desk so he can't come help me himself. "So, I need to reload my car with my items, and my 2 year old daughter and come over there myself?" I ask politely, when in actuality I wanted to be very rude. "Well, let me see if I can get a bellhop to bring you the keys." I thanked him and hung up. 5 minutes later, I called back and asked if someone was on the way. He confirmed and I went back to waiting. 20 minutes later, I called and asked where the bellhop was. Fi was crying, and I really needed the restroom... the woman that answered me this time said someone should have been there by then. "I haven't seen them, yet. It's been 20 minutes since I was told someone was on the way. I have a cranky two year old, I have a very full bladder and I am 6 weeks pregnant." She quickly talked to the manager who I'd spoken with earlier, and when she came back on the line, she informed me that the manager was on his way himself with a set of keys.

5 minutes later, he was coming down the stairs, inside the building... an unattached building in which my daughter and I are the only occupants... and lets me in, hands me the keys and I head up the elevator with Fiona. Arriving in our room,I place the keys on top of the entertainment center, and I go about getting Fi settled into bed. Then, I spy a little key folder on Fiona's high chair. I pick it up, thinking I must be crazy and dreamed putting the keys (in the folder) on the entertainment center. I open it, and well, it's not the one the manager gave me. So I summarize that the idiot bellhop had entered my room and left the keys there...

So tonight was very odd. I have come to realize, I'm going to have to reactivate my card each month, or continue to deal with this idiocy at the most inconvenient times (like last month, when Fi was in the room and I went down the hall for ice). And I can only summarize that idiots run this hotel... at least it's a roof over our heads!

No comments:

Post a Comment